Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Skybox news, personal musings, and observations on the state of the game and community.

There will also be a some amount of personal content regarding the Cobb's. Also interested in others' goings on should you feel so inclined.
Old

Awful night

Posted 04-25-2024 at 12:46 AM by Ty Cobb (Northern Aggression)

We had a tough one yesterday. Both the dogs had an unfortunate encounter with a porcupine. We had a blowout on the way to the Emergency Vet. I cracked a tooth. After no sleep for a whole day and a rather difficult trip home, dogs are recovering nicely. I'll see the dentist soon enough. Tires...yeow.

Of course, as I checked the security camera, I saw that I slept through a beautiful sky day. Grrrrr. I'm not whining, but it was a rough 24 hours I don't wish to soon repeat. ...
Hall Of Famer
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 148 Comments 0 Ty Cobb is offline Edit Tags
Old

Concord and Lexington

Posted 04-19-2024 at 11:01 AM by Ty Cobb (Northern Aggression)

On this date in 1775, the first shots were fired in a battle that would lead to the creation of my nation. I salute the brave men of those times, and pray that their defiant spirit and treasuring of personal freedoms never passes from my people.
Hall Of Famer
Posted in What I think
Views 515 Comments 0 Ty Cobb is offline Edit Tags
Old

Long Lens

Posted 04-11-2024 at 03:43 PM by Ty Cobb (Northern Aggression)

Picked up a GOSKY monocular (12x50) for $30 on sale. Tough to pass up.

Wow... I can read the house numbers from the neighbors house 317 feet from my window. I'll still need a better phone mount than the supplied one, but the monocular itself is great for the money. The mount is plastic, and I'm a firm believer in aluminum.

Sky shots (not boxes) for backgrounds of 2-d could make a serious upturn in quality IF it pans out. It's rainy today so no fair test is available....
Attached Images

Hall Of Famer
Views 726 Comments 0 Ty Cobb is offline Edit Tags
Old

Chit chat and the plan

Posted 04-05-2024 at 09:51 AM by Ty Cobb (Northern Aggression)

It’s official! Katya, my sister-in-law, has gotten her biometrics taken by the British government. She’ll be getting married in late September at a castle in Norwich. Her fiancee, Calvin, is a great guy who works in IT. I’m so happy for them!!! Mrs. Cobb will be in attendance, but I will be staying behind with the dogs—a choice. Only one of us could go. I’m disappointed, but the economy has not been good to us. I was so hoping to return to the home of my youth. For two years as a wee lad,...
Hall Of Famer
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 491 Comments 0 Ty Cobb is offline Edit Tags
Old

Clip Studio 3 is out, and I'm having fun

Posted 03-14-2024 at 09:46 AM by Ty Cobb (Northern Aggression)

Just snagged it, have been waiting 3 months for my pre-order to get released. Those people make a fine product, but they could take some serious lessons in customer service from the Development Team here.

CSP 3 looks to be an epic improvement...and that's saying something. It's the Cadillac of drawing and painting apps. You can utilize 3d models in your art easily. You can publish easily, especially if you spring for EX (I didn't because I'm cheap). It's on sale still for the...
Hall Of Famer
Views 13937 Comments 1 Ty Cobb is offline Edit Tags