Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Dynasty Blogs describing Out of the Park Baseball dynasties.
Old

1875 - Midseason: Back on target

Posted 01-11-2017 at 12:13 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)
Updated 01-11-2017 at 12:24 AM by TheEquinox

30 of 60 games are played, but before I'll dig deeper into this first half of the season, lets have a look at another trade I made:

So we got another one from that pre-season draft pitching gems. Joe Blong will extend our pitching rotation size to 3 - will be interesting to see which of our throwers will come out on top. Letting Dan Catron go didn't seem like a hard choice, given the mediocre performances he's delivered...
Minors (Single A)
Views 1072 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

1875 - Opening Day Roster

Posted 01-09-2017 at 02:03 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)

Spring training is over and the cards are dealt. We really need to step it up this year, or I might have to find a new job pretty soon.

Hopefully, these guys are going to get it done:

With our new signing Jim H O'Rourke, I hope to see a big improvement on the catcher position. With Guzman leaving the club, minor leaguer Doug Allison will get a chance as Jim's backup.

On first base, we...
Minors (Single A)
Views 1053 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

1875 - Preseason Events, Trades, Draft 2/2

Posted 01-08-2017 at 06:01 PM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)

With these impressions, I started to look for a couple of good trades to improve on my weak spots. One of the areas which needed improvent was the catcher position. Jorge Guzman had a terrible season last year with so many passed balls I couldn't count them anymore. The guy I wanted to use as his backup, Vince Ice, sadly turned out to be free of any talent at all.

So I started to look for a good catcher with good ratings and great stats in the previous season. I quickly found...
Minors (Single A)
Views 1058 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

1875 - Preseason Events, Trades, Draft 1/2

Posted 01-08-2017 at 06:00 PM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)

So here we go again. 1874 is in the history books and my owner is finally upset. He came up with some ridiculous demands for the new season and also cut down my budgets quite a bit:

Alright, achieve a winning record and win the championship in the next two seasons doesn't exactly sound fair to me. Maybe he should try himself to lead this bunch of non-hitters to a title!

Alright, just when I managed...
Minors (Single A)
Views 1145 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

1874 - Early end of a disappointing season

Posted 01-08-2017 at 10:26 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)

This picture says it all:

When your top performers fail to perform, you don't have much of a chance to make it to the playoffs. Levi Meyerle is just one example, Tom York and Dick Higham are two more. Also, our pitcher Hugh Campbell failed to repeat last season's Cy Young performance as well.

We need to forget this season quickly and try to attack again in the next year. Needless to say, our owner...
Minors (Single A)
Views 1143 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags