Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > History Campaign - All The Way From 1871
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

1876 - Regular Season Results

Submit "1876 - Regular Season Results" to Digg Submit "1876 - Regular Season Results" to del.icio.us Submit "1876 - Regular Season Results" to StumbleUpon Submit "1876 - Regular Season Results" to Google
Posted 01-16-2017 at 11:32 AM by TheEquinox

There we go, the regular season is over. At the risk of revealing too much here already, this season had 61 games instead of the usual 60. You'll know why after a look at the final results:

Right, we needed to win 1 game against Cincinnati at the end in order to secure the playoff spot, but we lost em both. When I left the stadium after the final loss, I was sure Chicago had smashed Brooklyn without too many problems, but surprisingly, they had lost their game as well.

So in order to find the team who will represent the National League in the playoffs, a decider game had to be held - could a season final be even more exciting?

My bet from the mid-season proved to be well-founded as the Cleveland Blues once again grabbed the title in the American League. They intercepted the Baltimore Orioles in only just the last few games of the season and secured their 3rd AL win in a row!

I fiddled around with the lineup for the decider game against Chicago, moving people with bad form in the last few ballgames around until I felt confident enough to start the game. Here's the result:

The game went up and down until the 8th, where Chicago managed to produce 5 errors in one inning and gave away 8 runs! With this victory under the belt, we're once again heading into the World Series where we will see a remake of last year's MLB final series against the Cleveland Blues.

Too bad we lost George Bechtel in the game against Chicago, though. That'll be quite a blow for the first two games in the World Series. I'll hope Mike Schulze will be able to put his best performances on the line while he has to sub in for George, or this World Series could be over quite early.

Regular season batting performances (ordered by appearances):

George Bechtel wasn't that good this year, but still quite solid. Davy Force wasn't able to find his form anymore after his early injuries, but we'll have to stick with him in the World Series and hopefully he'll recover for the next season. The only position which isn't sorted yet is th left field. We got quite a few people here with good ratings, but none of them was really able to stick out so far. New acquiry Ricardo Rosas failed miserably though, and I doubt he'll have much of a future here in Boston with this competition. I've got high hopes for Johnny Ryan, though. Another dude who made it through our minor league system and who reached 4 out of 5 stars by now. I think the World Series might be too early to put all the responsibility on his shoulders, but I guess he'll have a good chance to convince our fans next season.

I just have to mention Levi Meyerle one last time here. Although he slowed down a bit towards the end of the season and didn't get the RBI record, he still played a fantastic season and made it into the .400 elite club:

I know he's hit .457 before, but that was in 1871 where the regular season had only 30 games. This year's performance is really outstanding!

Pitchers overview:

Our new star pitcher Yin Xù had a good season in the end. His 80Ks were good enough for #1 in the National League. His ERA is still quite far off from the best pitchers in the MLB, but I think that was a good first season to build on. Flip Lafferty also developed quite nicely and is now rated with 2 out of 5 stars. Looks like we've found our first true reliever there. Hugh Campbell's time in Boston is pretty much over I think. He's been downgraded to 2 out of 2 stars and his occasional performances this season weren't really good. Maybe we can trade him away, he's still got a Cy Young title under his belt, so we might actually get something worthwhile for him.

I'll be back with the World Series coverage and any other news or awards as soon as they come up.
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments