Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old

FHM - Oct 6, 2013 - First week complete

Posted 01-06-2014 at 08:22 PM by Winnipeg59
Updated 01-06-2014 at 08:26 PM by Winnipeg59
Tags fhm

I simmed one day at a time and only made one roster adjustment in that time to get Kane back into the lineup and again used "Ask Asst" to setup the lines.

Speaking of Kane, he appears to be the only player on my roster that is not undergoing "training" as I would view it? On the roster page I see primary and secondary training assigned to each member of my team (and again I have the Assistant Coach selected to conduct the training for my team) expect Kane! He has...
All Star Starter
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1492 Comments 0 Winnipeg59 is offline Edit Tags
Old

FHM - Changed my mind "Ask Asst"!

Posted 01-06-2014 at 07:56 PM by Winnipeg59
Tags fhm

Did not want to just leave this lying there, so revisited the game I had started and went back into the Lineups. Bottom right there is a button to either "Ask Asst" or to have the "AI Setup Org". So I used it!

Ask Asst will take you dressed/scratched roster and plug them into or simply realign the lines for you. AI Setup Org will also dress/scratch as it sees fit. I went with AI Setup (again, trying to come at this from a "new player" to the game).
All Star Starter
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1390 Comments 0 Winnipeg59 is offline Edit Tags
Old

FHM - Not quite the start of the NHL Season...

Posted 01-05-2014 at 12:10 PM by Winnipeg59
Tags fhm

As one final test, to this point in time and again trying to play as a relative newcomer to the game handing over some basic duties to the ASST COACH and just trying to play as basically a GM to manage my team, I sim ONE DAY.

This message confirms, in my humble opinion, that the game isn't ready yet for the average player with minimal input.

I will wait for the next patch...
All Star Starter
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1487 Comments 0 Winnipeg59 is offline Edit Tags
Old

FHM - Start of NHL Season

Posted 01-05-2014 at 12:03 PM by Winnipeg59
Tags fhm

I am at October 1st. To recap quickly, I have my options set so the ASST COACH controls the lineups and tactics. To this point I do not think this works.

My D Trouba injury is now done BUT there is no in-game indication that he's healthy again and can return to the lineup. I guess that's not a major issue, but it would be kind of nice to know that if you have a painfully average sub in his place. W Kane still has 1 day left on his short term injury.

The lineup is full of...
All Star Starter
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1377 Comments 0 Winnipeg59 is offline Edit Tags
Old

FHM - Post Trade

Posted 01-05-2014 at 11:58 AM by Winnipeg59
Tags fhm

The trade in the previous blog post has now left my team with more lineup holes - another D and the traded 3rd line C. Remember I have my ASST handling this.

I figure I still have to scratch and dress players before he does the lineups, so I make some moves. There is a button at bottom-right to "Setup Org", but I leave that alone as I have specified the ASST handle the lineups and tactics.

So with the multiple holes, it's back to simming to pre-season. And I do...
All Star Starter
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1351 Comments 0 Winnipeg59 is offline Edit Tags