Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > jerheme

Rate this Entry

My Owner... Setting me up for failure...wtf?

Submit "My Owner... Setting me up for failure...wtf?" to Digg Submit "My Owner... Setting me up for failure...wtf?" to del.icio.us Submit "My Owner... Setting me up for failure...wtf?" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Owner... Setting me up for failure...wtf?" to Google
Posted 04-08-2020 at 11:58 PM by jerheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddr037 View Post
Ok So I run an expansion team (Vancouver Venom). Just completed my first year in MLB (74-88) Not a bad record for the very first year imo. My owner was actually quite pleased with that. However long term goals I had was build up a top 5 farm system, and be a playoff team in 3 years. Ok Im up for the challenge. My farm system in year one sucked. AAA team made the playoffs, but the rest were dismal +100 L years. Owner was not too happy about that. Lol. Neither am I. but makes sense though. I started with a completely empty minor league system and absolutely no prospects.
In year 1 my owner budget for me to work with was 34th in the league, my player payroll was tied for 24th in the league.

That was a breakdown of my situation. I just got my new owner goals for my 2nd official offseason. He still wants wants a top minor league system, still wants a playoff team in now 2 years, BUT HE SLASHED MY BUDGET? How am I supposed to do this? I'm not a miracle worker. Im not God! you want me to build up the farm, and make the playoffs, give me the money to get it done!
Just do it man

I expanded in Portland and my first two owners did this all the time. You can meet all the goals you just have to be creative and make a lot of painful choices. I have managed to win a lot of World Series titles from 2022-2059 and I try to complete every owner goal. Only occasionally do I miss (like when he asks to sign someone terrible).
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2949 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments