Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs

Old

2005 Season

Posted 11-30-2010 at 04:20 AM by darkcloud4579
Updated 11-30-2010 at 06:50 AM by darkcloud4579

The 2005 season settled with the New York Yankees making their first playoff appearance since 1980. That year, they won the World Series. This year? It took an two extra games to get into the AL East Division Championship Series against the Washington Senators, after two ties forced the team to beat the Philadelphia A's and Baltimore Orioles to advance.

In the AL West, the Portland Beavers made good use of their first season in their new league and new city, making the playoffs after...
Hall Of Famer
Posted in Dynasty
Views 2540 Comments 0 darkcloud4579 is offline Edit Tags
Old

An Alternate History of MLB

Posted 11-30-2010 at 03:46 AM by darkcloud4579
Updated 11-30-2010 at 04:04 AM by darkcloud4579

I took over an old historical league file I had from a fast-sim alternative history league I ran for a while. Starting in the late 1920, I simmed pretty much all the way through 2004. I did expand the league several times, as well as induce some moves. For the most part, though, teams were to end up in cities that have them though not all of them are in that particular manner.

The history is interesting and I'll do some chronicling, but here's the alignment. It's currently two leagues...
Hall Of Famer
Posted in Dynasty
Views 6981 Comments 1 darkcloud4579 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Dynasties once again

Posted 11-03-2010 at 04:24 PM by darkcloud4579

After a few years of running and participating in online leagues, I'm back to a place where solo play is on my brain and where I'd like to develop a nice immersive dynasty for the winter months.

I've almost always trended towards fictional because it makes life a bit easier for me, especially in recent years, but in the past I liked to start with a real base set of players and then delve into fictional after those guys retired.

I hadn't looked at any of the OOTP historical...
Hall Of Famer
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2320 Comments 0 darkcloud4579 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Dynasty link

Posted 10-09-2009 at 12:18 AM by darkcloud4579

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...m-dynasty.html

It's just easier to post it there, ultimately.
Hall Of Famer
Posted in Dynasty
Views 2232 Comments 0 darkcloud4579 is offline Edit Tags
Old

FireMe Tool v1.5

Posted 10-06-2009 at 06:09 PM by darkcloud4579

Here's a tweaked version of the Manager Firing tool (I've dubbed it FireMe)

It's been updated to award points if you win 20 games more than the previous season, so if you go from 30 wins to 50 wins and so forth, you get 25 points. And I've edited the instructions so you should give 50 points to 3rd place teams in non-playoff leagues and 100 points to 2nd place teams in non-playoff leagues, though people can do whatever they want with those bonuses if they think they're too high or...
Hall Of Famer
Posted in Dynasty
Views 1901 Comments 0 darkcloud4579 is offline Edit Tags