Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old

Rangers get off to a fantastic start

Posted 04-18-2011 at 10:05 PM by neugey
Updated 04-18-2011 at 10:06 PM by neugey (categorization)

The Rangers are now a stunning 12-6 in their inaugural season and currently in first place in their division. They were jump started by a 7-0 effort to start the season, sweeping the Royals in a lot of 1-run games.

The pitching and timely hitting has been a revelation for the Rangers. Ace Dick Bosman has already picked up 4 wins. The Rangers lost a little traction however, when promising outfielder Brock Davis was injured playing right field and will now be out for the next 4 months....
All Star Reserve
Posted in Dynasty
Views 1261 Comments 0 neugey is offline Edit Tags
Old

Rangers finish Spring training 12-12, excited for start of season

Posted 04-15-2011 at 08:14 PM by neugey
Updated 04-18-2011 at 04:19 PM by neugey (recategorize)

The Texas Rangers and manager Riley Payton make their eagerly awaited debuts on April 6, opening with a 4-game homestand against the Royals.

For those not paying attention in the Arlington area, the Rangers have been busy on the field and in the office. The team scrapped its way to a servicable 12-12 record in spring training games, prompting the following insight from bench coach Juan Mendoza - "We're happy with the team we've put together here in Texas. This is a whole new...
All Star Reserve
Posted in Dynasty
Views 1202 Comments 0 neugey is offline Edit Tags
Old

RRL Background Info and Game Parameters

Posted 04-14-2011 at 07:40 PM by neugey
Updated 04-18-2011 at 04:19 PM by neugey (recategorize)

(Background Info and Game Parameters)

Obviously, I'm a Rangers fan. My main goal for this solo dynasty is very simple ... I'm hoping to help the Rangers have a better go of it in this alternate reality from 1972 on, and have fun and be intrigued while doing so.

My manager's name, "Riley Payton", is a composite of coaches Pat Riley (Lakers) and Sean Payton (Saints). My first goal is not to lose 100 games in 1972. Talk about setting the bar low!
All Star Reserve
Posted in Dynasty
Views 1455 Comments 0 neugey is offline Edit Tags
Old

The Rangers Revisionist League (Solo play, semi-historical)

Posted 04-14-2011 at 06:24 PM by neugey
Updated 04-18-2011 at 04:20 PM by neugey (recategorize)

The Rangers Revisionist League:

It's April 1972. Yours truly is about to be born in Houston, TX and the Texas Rangers (formerly the Washington Senators) are starting their inaugural season in Arlington, TX.

Backtrack to late 1971. Bob Short, the same man who had moved the Lakers from Minneapolis to Los Angeles with great success, was moving a baseball team from Washington to Texas amid much turmoil this time. Rumor has it that was Short was also involved in...
All Star Reserve
Posted in Dynasty
Views 1412 Comments 0 neugey is offline Edit Tags