Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > Hazza
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

Update: Year Three (Leaving Berlin) and Year Four (the best game ever.)

Submit "Update: Year Three (Leaving Berlin) and Year Four (the best game ever.)" to Digg Submit "Update: Year Three (Leaving Berlin) and Year Four (the best game ever.)" to del.icio.us Submit "Update: Year Three (Leaving Berlin) and Year Four (the best game ever.)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Update: Year Three (Leaving Berlin) and Year Four (the best game ever.)" to Google
Posted 10-24-2009 at 11:43 PM by Hazza

Berlin gave me the willies. I couldn't hack this low budget nonsense. But luckily my rep at keeping a tight ship in Berlin allowed me to move over to Los Angeles.

Who were LA? Big market team with no significant history. They were ripe for entry into the big time.

The first year was...well.. not so good. Didn't post a winning percentage. But what the hey, three seasons without a winning percentage doesn't matter right?

Okay, so we made some signings in the off season. Well, really we made one. We tore up the contract of this overpaid lout (19mil a year? Are you CRAZY!?) and signed a power hitting C.

Season four. The best game ever.

I have this little thing I used to do, which was to manage the first game of the year to get a "feel" for the players. Well. What an event that turned out to be.

Osaka's Fu Song (12-15-12) V. LA's Mitchel Reed (15-12-17)

The classic junk baller Song v. fire baller Mitchell. The twenty four year old phenom Mitchell V the 29 year vet Song.

LA's Line up was powerfull, but lacking defensively.

Sparks - Speedster CF.
Villarreal - (Pronounced Vee-ah-ree-ahl... although he's Dominican so i'm not sure. If he was Spanish i'd call him the Yellow Submarine.) Best pure contact hitter in the team. Hit .344 two years ago, but the previous manager didn't know where to play him, until I took over the team and put him in the number 2 spot.
Klein - Good all round RF
Clark - best all round hitter on the team. Good contact good power. 1B
Suzuki - our power hitting SS slugger.
Gonzales - beefy home run king who plays catcher.
Lerma - Solid all round 2B. Great defence
Barajas. - Up and coming 3B, great defense.

The final inning was nuts. Clark singled, and Suzuki hit the ball off the left field wall. Clark was then thrown out trying to get home from first.
Posted in OOTP, Dynasty, WBL
Views 2015 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments