Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs

Old

Inaugural Draft Results: Bryan Davis

Posted 01-16-2015 at 03:36 PM by absurddoctor
Updated 01-16-2015 at 03:47 PM by absurddoctor

Our fifth pick (75th overall) went to right fielder Bryan Davis.

Bryan was drafted by the previous Boston GM as the 7th pick in Supplemental Round 1, so while he seems to have lost some stock, he did at least get to avoid moving with this draft (unlike most other players).

Bryan was the runner-up for Rookie of the Year last year. In spite of that, he still seems to expect to be warming the bench, so has been...
Minors (Double A)
Posted in OOTP, Dynasty
Views 2171 Comments 0 absurddoctor is offline Edit Tags
Old

Inaugural Draft Results: Eddie Rogers

Posted 01-16-2015 at 03:10 PM by absurddoctor

Our fourth pick (70th overall) went to Eddie Rogers, another prospect looked at for his potential ability with a bat, not his fielding skills.

Eddie is more a gamble than Gaskill, as he is almost completely lacking in plate discipline at this point. However, his very intelligent, works his tail off, and seems to have the drive needed to improve. It is a gamble I would take again, though it seems difficult to believe there...
Minors (Double A)
Posted in OOTP, Dynasty
Views 1650 Comments 0 absurddoctor is offline Edit Tags
Old

Inaugural Draft Results: Mario Padilla

Posted 01-16-2015 at 02:15 PM by absurddoctor
Updated 01-16-2015 at 02:22 PM by absurddoctor

Our third pick (39th overall) went to lefty starting pitcher Mario Padilla.

He is currently ranked number one amongst starting pitchers this season. It looks like the first inaugural draft gave him a long-term contract with his previous team, as his history doesn't indicate any extensions or other contract news. He was supposed to receive $28 million this year; instead he has ended up with $11 million from us, with another...
Minors (Double A)
Posted in OOTP, Dynasty
Views 1667 Comments 0 absurddoctor is offline Edit Tags
Old

Inaugural Draft Results: Frank Gaskill

Posted 01-16-2015 at 01:38 PM by absurddoctor
Updated 01-16-2015 at 02:20 PM by absurddoctor

Our second pick (34th overall) went to a prospect named Frank Gaskill.

In his rookie draft he went to the 9th pick in the first round. While I tend to think of third base as a position for power-hitters, he look like a good potential lead-off or number two hitter. His stats are almost good enough to consider bringing up already, but with that much potential left to fill I'm hoping he can continue cooking in AAA for the rest...
Minors (Double A)
Posted in OOTP, Dynasty
Views 1450 Comments 0 absurddoctor is offline Edit Tags
Old

Inaugural Draft Results: Edgar Martinez

Posted 01-16-2015 at 01:26 PM by absurddoctor

While I'm already 54 games into the seasons, I'll begin with a report on the draft and how key players have done in that time.

I've typically drafted with a focus on offense above all else, and especially looking for power. For starting pitching I would always hope to get lucky in the draft or with international free agents, home-growing them and letting them go when they got expensive. In OOTP 14 it always seemed like there was tons of cheap bull-pen options around as free agents,...
Minors (Double A)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1500 Comments 0 absurddoctor is offline Edit Tags