Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > The Big O Face

Rate this Entry

2015 Boston Red Sox

Submit "2015 Boston Red Sox" to Digg Submit "2015 Boston Red Sox" to del.icio.us Submit "2015 Boston Red Sox" to StumbleUpon Submit "2015 Boston Red Sox" to Google
Posted 03-20-2015 at 12:00 PM by The Big O Face
Updated 03-20-2015 at 12:05 PM by The Big O Face (Added Disclaimer)

*All blog entries are fictional in nature

3/20/2015 - Breaking news out of Boston, as GM Ben Cherington stepped down from his position late last night citing family health reasons.

In an interview with the Felger and Mazz show, on 98.5 The Sports Hub, Principal Owner John Henry weighed in on the situation stating "I've talked with Ben over the past weeks and while he wanted to stay with the team, he felt that his family matters would become too much of a distraction. He is still a part of the Red Sox family, and we will offer whatever assistance we can."

When asked who the potential replacements for the position might be, Henry was elusive with his answer. "Well, we will look both inside and outside of our organization for someone to fill the role. Until we fill the position, we will utilize Mike Hazen and Brian O'Halloran to functionas a GM by committee."

"My sources around the club project that the Red Sox are leaning towards an internal option, as the regular season is about to get underway," reports Peter Gammonds to the afternoon crew. "If I had to pick my top three for the position, I would pick Hazen and O'Halloran as the front runners due to their length of service in the organization. My third choice, is Matt Orzechowski, but he is definitely a dark horse in the race. He has a background in statistics and contract negotiations, and even served as an assistant manager for the Squealing Pigs softball team in the Mission Hill League."

Massarotti weighed in on Gammonds' report with veiled optimism. "Signing Hazen or O'Halloran would accomplish nothing. They are stooges in the Lucchino regime. They have already botched this offseason, and now you want to give more power to these jerkwhistles? I think that's just stupid. S-T-O-O-P-I-D...Stoo-pid. And who's this Orzechowski kid? The Mission Hill Softball League...really? We're just going to to hand over a $200 Million payroll to someone with no experience? They might as well have Chiarelli run this clown show. Although...if this kid has no ties to the organization, he won't be drunk on the Red Sox Kool-Aid. It may not be such a bad idea after all. He can't really botch this situation more than it already has been."
Posted in OOTP, Dynasty
Views 4749 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments