Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs

Old

A tale of two Romanos...

Posted 06-24-2011 at 11:21 AM by Hazza

Legend has it, that after Maximo Romano won the Mexican National League Pitcher of the Year award for the second year in a row in 2015 someone quipped "Why don't we just call it the Romano award?"

And that's why the league bestows the award on the best pitcher the "Romano Award"

But it wasn't just Maximo from whom it got its name.

Antonio Romaro was born in Victoria, Mexico in 1984. And all his life he wanted to be a professional ball...
Minors (Triple A)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4046 Comments 0 Hazza is offline Edit Tags
Old

1st year...

Posted 06-24-2011 at 10:13 AM by Hazza

Is done and we're in the playoffs!

Some of my pitchers bit the dust early on, but aside from that everyone did what they needed to do.

William, Jackson and Burke all mashed ~ 20 homers and hit well enough to ensure that we produced enough runs. Can't say how proud I am of the boys, they did a great job.

Morant Bay Smoke v. The Thunderclouds...
Minors (Triple A)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2928 Comments 0 Hazza is offline Edit Tags
Old

Meet your Thunderclouds...

Posted 06-24-2011 at 08:25 AM by Hazza

Opening day is here.

After a terrible spring in which our incumbent catcher is ruled out with a 10 month injury (and subsequently released) and the team ending up with a .333 record we are ready to begin.

After fretting over stats and contracts I am just looking forward to sitting in the dugout and calling the first game.

Our line up is as follows for opening day 2020 in Jamaica.

1. Jackson (RF) - solid hitting lead off man
Minors (Triple A)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2718 Comments 0 Hazza is offline Edit Tags
Old

A mess.

Posted 06-24-2011 at 07:35 AM by Hazza

I arrive in the offices and find the Black River Thunderclouds are a mess.

There are players getting horribly over paid to just sit on the reserve roster and not do anything. I get another heart attack when I see the list of contracts that the team is trying to extend. I cut out as much of the dead wood as I can early on.

First thing I do is look for some power and sign 1B Ken Seals to mash some home runs into the bleachers. He's never played above AA ball but my scouts...
Minors (Triple A)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2755 Comments 0 Hazza is offline Edit Tags
Old

Off to Jamaica.

Posted 06-24-2011 at 06:29 AM by Hazza

I didn't expect my career to feature so many ups and downs. After going undrafted in the 2011 ALPB draft I was despondent. All I wanted to do was to play Baseball for a living.

But I didn't give up, and I found myself playing ball in the Mexican National league. Starting slow I eventually hit my straps and I was proud to say I was voted the number one pitcher in Mexico in 2019. The rest was to be simple: See out my contract, and then head back to the 'States for the big time.
Minors (Triple A)
Posted in Dynasty
Views 2733 Comments 0 Hazza is offline Edit Tags