Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > History Campaign - All The Way From 1871
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

1877 - Awards Part2

Submit "1877 - Awards Part2" to Digg Submit "1877 - Awards Part2" to del.icio.us Submit "1877 - Awards Part2" to StumbleUpon Submit "1877 - Awards Part2" to Google
Posted 03-20-2017 at 05:44 AM by TheEquinox

Rookies of the Year:

American League:

23 games and a WAR of 1.0 were enough for Bill Harbridge to grab the award in the American League. Interesting player with 4/4.5 stars at the age of 22 already, especially in the right field, were we are a little shorthanded. Will probably try to make a deal here, but I guess he'll be expensive.

National League:

Oscar moved up through Brooklyn's minor system and started his MLB career at the age of 23, starting in 35 games with an AVG of .347 (4th in the NL). Impressive debut season by this 5/5 star first baseman.

Cy Young Awards:

American League:

While his award in the last season came as a surprise, this time it's well deserved. I'm pretty sure this guy has a bright future ahead of him, and Cleveland will certainly try to keep him as long as possible.

National League:

I had expected Cincinnati's Hugh Campbell here to be honest, but he ended up second in the voting behind Yin Xú, who picks up his first award. I guess the giant amount of strikeouts, Yin produced this year, were the deciding factor here, but in my opinion, Hugh would have deserved it more.

Most Valuable Player Awards:

American League:

Ross Barnes is the absolute super star in the American League. He's now picked up his 5th MVP award in seven career seasons and his 5/5 stars rating as SS is by far the best you can find on that position. He's only 27 years old, so there's a lot more to come from him, but I really wonder why Baltimore isn't doing better in the AL, given all those star players they have...

National League:

With an impressive overall performance, 28 y.o. Chicago Catcher Cal McVey picks up his 2nd MVP award after 1874. He's certainly a very good player, but he wasn't able to push Chicago into a serious contender spot on his own this time.

MLB champions: The Cincinnati Reds

« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments