Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs

Old

It Got REAL In My Backyard!

Posted 09-10-2016 at 12:40 AM by ForeverRoyalKC
Updated 09-10-2016 at 12:43 AM by ForeverRoyalKC

When my friends and I got wiffle ball games together in our backyards, it got very real! First, we raked the dirt (and watched our dads turn red). Then, we attached our respective spray nozzles to our hoses and gently sprayed the dirt. Next, we laid down the baselines and batters boxes with powdered chalk my friends got from the piles at their real little league games (you should've seen how many Coke cups come out of their trunks!) Then...came the pregame show! Yes, I said...the pregame show! One...
All Star Starter
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3943 Comments 0 ForeverRoyalKC is offline Edit Tags
Old

The Morning Phone Calls

Posted 03-26-2016 at 12:40 AM by ForeverRoyalKC

For many years of my youth, I had a close friend named Jim. Jim and I don't see each other anymore as our lives grew apart and the mileage and time come between us. But I cant help but look back at my favorite times of my childhood whenever I watch baseball or play it in video / computer form.
Every morning, when school was over for the summer, we never failed to be up early in the a.m. so we could watch the previous nights baseball highlights on ESPN. But...we didn't watch it alone. Whether...
All Star Starter
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2745 Comments 0 ForeverRoyalKC is offline Edit Tags
Old

Ahh, the good old days!

Posted 03-25-2016 at 12:07 AM by ForeverRoyalKC

It was 1987 and my friend, David, had a new computer. Well...his parents had a new computer. Anyway, he invited me over all the time so we could play football with the original Madden NFL game. We played that for quite awhile until one day....he invited me over to play this new baseball game he had just got. It was Earl Weaver Baseball! We marveled at the opportunity to make our own all time all star teams and it didn't take us long to do so! I took the Kansas City Royals and he took the Chicago...
All Star Starter
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2519 Comments 0 ForeverRoyalKC is offline Edit Tags