Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > Winnipeg59
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

FHM - Assistant Control

Submit "FHM - Assistant Control" to Digg Submit "FHM - Assistant Control" to del.icio.us Submit "FHM - Assistant Control" to StumbleUpon Submit "FHM - Assistant Control" to Google
Posted 01-05-2014 at 10:12 AM by Winnipeg59
Tags fhm

For the purposes of the blog posts that follow (and until something changes) I am starting a new NHL game with v1.5.20 and unchecking ALL the playable league boxes except for the US leagues. This game will NOT be examined in Commissioner mode (that box remains unchecked).

Test: To examine the use of Assistant Coaches assuming some responsibilities.

In the Manager Options section of FHM I have assigned my Assistant Coaches to the following tasks - Lineups, Tactics, Scouting and Training. I just want to be the GM in this test.

What will this actually do for me in-game?

To test the lineups first I go to my roster and "scratch" a player already listed in my lineups and "dress" another player in his place. I assume this would still be my roll even with the assistant managing lineups, but it might not be normally.

When I look at the lineup after doing this I now see a hole in the second defense pairing where I have scratched a player.

To test tactics I simply go to the tactics page and change my "checking" from "man-to-man" to "zone". Now this may actually be the chosen tactic by my assistant coach, so a further test would be to move off this tactic once I sim and game and see if the assistant reverts to that tactic after a subsequent sim to see if that indeed is "his" chosen tactic.

I sim ONE DAY only.

The results after the sim. I still have a hole in the same spot on my second defense pairing, which means the assistant has not changed the lineups in any way! I consider that a fail.

I might give the benefit of the doubt because it is early August and not in-season. But I won't because I would think the simpler mechanic to the game at this point in its development would be that the assistant should ALWAYS be adjusting the lineup instead of it being date sensitive to the off-season. So, still a fail in my opinion.

I have the same tactic under "checking" so, without simming another day yet I would call this a fail too.

Further FHM tests to come...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1437 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments