Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > absurddoctor

Rate this Entry

Inaugural Draft Results: Jeremy Pastva

Submit "Inaugural Draft Results: Jeremy Pastva" to Digg Submit "Inaugural Draft Results: Jeremy Pastva" to del.icio.us Submit "Inaugural Draft Results: Jeremy Pastva" to StumbleUpon Submit "Inaugural Draft Results: Jeremy Pastva" to Google
Posted 01-16-2015 at 11:22 PM by absurddoctor
Updated 01-16-2015 at 11:26 PM by absurddoctor

In the 18th round, we selected former left-handed closer Jeremy Pastva for the 322nd overall pick.

Jeremy was drafted with the intention of being slotted as our left-handed setup guy and backup closer. As it turns out, our pen is very left-heavy, so that doesn't really help him to stand out.

He was all star from 2015 - 2017, making 54 saves in 58 opportunities in 2017. He became a free agent at the end of 2017, and while he got a much heftier contract, he clearly didn't get a closer role. In 2018 he is listed with 28 save opportunities, 5 blown saves, and 0 saves.

Scouting reports indicate he has been on a decline since 2018, and his stats this season so far agree bear that out. Most striking of all perhaps (sorry) is the decline in K/9. For the 2014 - 2018 seasons, he marked that as 12.0, 12.8, 13.1, 12.0, and 12.0. This season so far he's showing an 8.1 ... definitely not where I want my relievers to be.

This draft did save the Jacksonville Twins some money, they had a another couple of years where they owed him $12.5 million a year. Right now we are only on the hook for $2.8 million this year ... and despite how weak I feel our pen to be I don't see us offering an extension.
Posted in OOTP, Dynasty
Views 6206 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments