Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > History Campaign - All The Way From 1871

Rate this Entry

1878 - MidSeason Update

Submit "1878 - MidSeason Update" to Digg Submit "1878 - MidSeason Update" to del.icio.us Submit "1878 - MidSeason Update" to StumbleUpon Submit "1878 - MidSeason Update" to Google
Posted 03-23-2017 at 08:40 PM by TheEquinox
Updated 03-24-2017 at 04:22 AM by TheEquinox

Half the season is over and we're doing well so far. But first of all, there is a trade I have to mention first:

Our ex-shortstop Mike McGeary, who had returned to Boston at the start of the season, just didn't work out at all. He hit an AVG of .188 and produced loads of field errors, so I decided to look for a different solution. I found it in Lou Say, one of the best shortstops of the last few seasons. I struggled a bit to accept the trade because despite his lousy performance in this and the previous season, Orator Shafer was the team captain and one of few players in the roster with leadership ability. However, I just couldn't keep lining him up any longer. His performances were just to bad to justify his position in Boston. We will have to keep an eye out for another leader now soon.

Here's the new guy:

A solid, average hitter and great defensive skills. I'm pretty sure we will have a lot of fun with Lou here in Boston!

I further promoted Jake Goodman, a minor league free agent I signed at the start of the season, from triple-A to the active roster. He's been doing okay in triple-A so far, and none of our first baseman was performing well up to this point, so I decided to give it a shot. In his first the games in the MLB, he's hit an AVG of .545 and already collected 0.4 WAR, so it might work out.

But now to the standings:

With a record of 19-11 so far, we've been doing much better than last season. I guess this comes down to the fact that our icons, Levi Meyerle, Nick Wehman and George Hall are doing much better again this season. I'm pretty sure their performance drops after a title win have something to do with complacency.

Also worth mentioning here is our draft pick, 19 year old left fielder Buttercup Dickerson. I started him in triple-A and was shocked to see he hit .583 there over several games. So I promoted him and he's now developed into the main starter on the LF position, hitting an AVG of .351. That's fantastic for the 19 y.o. kid!

Another positive factor is our starter. Yin Xú, has improved his stats a lot compared to last season. He has a few less K's, but his ERA of 2.26 is the best he's ever delivered so far. I guess he'll be a hot candidate for another Cy Young if he can keep it up.

Lastly, here's an overview of how our batters are doing so far:

Some pretty nice hitting stats there, but you can also see we have a 1B problem. I'm not sure Jake will keep his current performance up, according to his ratings, he shouldn't be the greatest hitter in the world. But oh well, I'll stick with him as long as it lasts.

I'll be back with the regular season end update.
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments