Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > absurddoctor

Rate this Entry

Inaugural Draft Results: Bill Shinkle

Submit "Inaugural Draft Results: Bill Shinkle" to Digg Submit "Inaugural Draft Results: Bill Shinkle" to del.icio.us Submit "Inaugural Draft Results: Bill Shinkle" to StumbleUpon Submit "Inaugural Draft Results: Bill Shinkle" to Google
Posted 01-16-2015 at 05:15 PM by absurddoctor

Our round 9 pick (147th overall) went to Bill Shinkle, a 32 year old second baseman who could easily play third or short still.

Bill is 32 years old with a significant number of injuries in his past. With an obvious decline in his 2018 stats from previous years (though, he did lead the league in triples), I wasn't more hoping for decent numbers from Bill, and that his leadership abilities would bring a big intangible benefit. As it turns out, his defense at second base has been a big help (he has a ZR of +1.7), and he's been a lot more useful with his bat than I was expecting. His OBP of .399 is the second best of my starting position players, and the best of the starters who have played all season. His average of .308 is in the same place, and those numbers are good enough for him to easily hold the 3-spot in the lineup. With is abilities on and off the field, he is clearly the team captain. He's signed through 2020, and we hope to find a way to keep him around much longer than that.
Posted in OOTP, Dynasty
Views 1903 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments