Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > PSUColonel

Rate this Entry

Major Glitch - Ticket Prices

Submit "Major Glitch - Ticket Prices" to Digg Submit "Major Glitch - Ticket Prices" to del.icio.us Submit "Major Glitch - Ticket Prices" to StumbleUpon Submit "Major Glitch - Ticket Prices" to Google
Posted 02-12-2014 at 02:17 PM by PSUColonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
You can adjust this in game. Go to your financial page and set the average ticket price. The AI does not abuse this.

Where is the exploit?

You say you don't want to police yourself? If you abuse it, then that's on you, not the game. You're going to tell me you don't have enough self control when you're playing to not set very high ticket prices while the AI is staying close to the league average?

That's on you, not the game. The AI will NOT abuse this, only human owners will. So exercise some self control and don't abuse it.

As for knowing what is fair and what is not fair. That's subjective, and always will be. Go look at real world data if you want a starting point. Then adjust your average ticket price upwards by a certain percentage as you see fit. Set your ticket prices within your guidelines. The AI will NOT abuse it.

And yes, Caps do hold true for solo play when it comes to ticket prices. The AI will not wander far from the avg you set. Try it if you don't believe me. The AI does NOT abuse ticket pricing.

In my solo leagues, I adjust ticket prices once every 5 years. Usually in the neighborhood of 3 - 5%.

Takes about 2 minutes to effect the change.

I don't jack my ticket prices way up. I exercise self control and try not to take advantage of the AI, because I know it's not abusing the setting I choose.
It should be handled by ownership anyway...ticket prices have little to do with the day to day baseball operations. Currently in my league, the Yankees have ticket prices at $30.25...the same as my phillies. I can raise my prices 25 cents (hardly being abusive) and still enoki ya lot more revenue while not even being the largest market team in the league.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7105 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments