Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > Winnipeg59

Rate this Entry

FHM - Oct 18, 2013 Update

Submit "FHM - Oct 18, 2013 Update" to Digg Submit "FHM - Oct 18, 2013 Update" to del.icio.us Submit "FHM - Oct 18, 2013 Update" to StumbleUpon Submit "FHM - Oct 18, 2013 Update" to Google
Posted 01-07-2014 at 09:48 AM by Winnipeg59
Tags fhm

I have settled into playing by simply simming one day at a time and the Jets are currently in 4th place in their conference with 10 points after playing 7 games.

Here are a couple of observations about FHM at this point in time:

1) It would appear, unlike what I previously thought, that when you "Ask Asst" to set your lines, he also sets your players dressed and scratched. Not a bad thing considering I do have the option selected to have my Assistant run that (even thought that doesn't appear to be working). I would think that the Head Coach would scratch/dress and the Asst just handle the lines if you either ask for that via the selection on the Manager Options window OR if you ask the Asst to set the lines with the lower right-hand button? I don't know that the Asst would handle player lineup choices, but that's just a thought. IF you had a choice to play as JUST the GM, then I could see handing control of this to the Head Coach plus his Asst's by the way.

2) On the LEAGUE HOME SCREEN - a) It would be awesome if the league you select to display in the lower right remain there after selection, in my case I would rather just sit on Central Div. Not a big deal, but it seems to revert to Atlantic (as in starting with "A" I guess). And - b) The OT results are not displayed in the standings total. You see wins and losses and points, etc. Again, not a huge thing but it does take a second to mentally calculate having 4 wins, but 10 points, for example.

3) Unless I am missing something, I think the INJURED RESERVE list should have some kind of "status" displayed (maybe days on and days left before able to be activated again). If you have a player on this list you are notified on the Manager page to check your list, but when you go there you don't find any sort of status until you right-click to actually re-activate the player. Then you are told that he still has to remain on the list for X amount of days. Just a subtlety, but would be nice to display this, especially if you had several players listed with injuries.

4) Another thing I seem to have found is that when on the NHL team roster page and you click to check your AHL roster, for example, the player stats (Skater Stats 1 in this case) are all "0's", not stats displayed. I found that if you change to that specific league (AHL) and then change to your specific affiliate team page and roster, THEN you can see the stats of your farm team. In the case of deciding call-ups, it would be great if the stats displayed on the NHL level at the AHL tab so you could move quickly and easily make any decisions about your farm team roster.

I have no specific timetable for simming, I will sporadically update as things happen within the game or I spot things that I feel might better the game from a mechanics standpoint, already in the game, and try to resist the urge to ask for anything new added, even though I want this to be a full-blown, total immersion experience (I know, too early)!

Subscribe to catch any new updates to this blog! And thank you for reading what is here already.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2788 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments