Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs > History Campaign - All The Way From 1871
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

1876 - Awards

Submit "1876 - Awards" to Digg Submit "1876 - Awards" to del.icio.us Submit "1876 - Awards" to StumbleUpon Submit "1876 - Awards" to Google
Posted 01-19-2017 at 05:50 AM by TheEquinox

The award selection is complete, here are this year's honorees:

Golden Glove Award (best defenders):

American League:

National League:

It's nice to see Yin and Nick here, but I wonder if it is a good sign if Brookly, who played a terrible season, have as many defender awards as we do...

Platinum Stick Awards (best hitters):

American League:

National League:

Seems like the best hitters currently play in Chicago. This is a little bit scary, because I usually focus on hitting skills when looking for new players. I think with this picture, we've been really lucky to take the NL title this season!

Rookies of the year:

American League:

Well, if John was the best rookie in the AL, I guess they've got a recruitment problem there. He wasn't terrible, but not great either.

National League:

I think Yin is a good choice, he did well for his rookie season and he's only just going to get better!

Cy Young Awards (best pitchers):

American League:

This is quite a surprise in my opinion. Yes, Tommy didn't do bad in the World Series, but handing a Cy Young Award to a pitcher who just had 11 games in the season feels like a tough decision.

National League:

George's first Cy Young award is well deserved. The usual holder, Al Pratt, has just been injured most of the season. George's pitching skill kept Cincinnati's title dreams alive until the end of the season this year, but their overall roster quality just isn't good enough.

Most Valuable Player Awards:

American League:

It's a little surprising not to see one of Cleveland's star players like Cap Anson or Jim A Devlin here, but Ross is an acceptable choice as well.

National League:

Levi's third MVP award after 1875 and 1873 is absolutely deserved. He was the best player in both leagues by a wide margin.
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments