Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 04-20-2003, 12:19 AM   #61
AngelinOF
All Star Starter

A couple of names that I used in my fictional league:
Baltimore Barons
Boston Blitz
Chicago Rush (I have also used Enforcers)
New York Dragons
Seattle Warbirds
Los Angles Shock (shortened from Aftershock that I originally used)
Washington Capitols.

The main reason I chose those names was because there are some nice logos at logoserver.com that correspond with those names. One thing that I did when I was stumped for a named to go along with the city was to use Logoserver's search engine and search by city name and pick the name that had a nice, clean logo. There are some good logos in the Arena Football section.
AngelinOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 09:17 AM   #62
khucke
All Star Reserve

As i started to to be interested in Baseball inthe mid to late 70`s, it was awful hard to get anything about leagues and results and the whole structure of MLB in Germany. So I was delightd one time to find copies of a magazine named Sports Illustrated at in international newsstand. From these times the Toronto Blue Jays won a place in my heart, they wre an expansion teamthat had players with exotic names in their tem like Otto Velez or Dave Lemanczyk. My other favorites were Jim Rice and Bill Lee from the Red Sox. SI provided the puzzle pieces for my knowlwdge oof baseball then, later came Armed Forces Radio that broadcasted baseball games. I have very fond memories of the time. and would like to learn more about the late 70`s in the HOB3.
khucke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 02:23 PM   #63
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

The mid 70's is when I really got hooked on baseball. I will go into much more detail on that decade over the next few posts. A lot of great things happened in the HOB3 in that decade so I will push my focus on the fictional aspect of the HOB3 (post 2015) back a few weeks. Before I get the the full 70's recap here is Toby Harrah's career.

TOBY HARRAH
The big surprise in Toby Harrah's career was that he retired following the 1985 season while still at the top of his game. Harrah was coming off his 5th straight allstar season and hit a solid .339 for the Pirates in 1985.

Harrah made his major league debut with the Washington Senators midway through the 1971 campaign. He played 45 games that season and batted .356. The team moved to Texas the following season and Harrah started at shortstop for 2 years before moving to second base. He would hit for the cycle in a game against Detroit in 1973.

The Rangers, a consistant last place club, dealt Harrah to Oakland in the spring of 1979. Harrah would hit .352 platooning with Jorge Orta at second as the A's won the World Series that season. Harrah played in 5 of the 6 series games, batting .318 in the postseason. It would be the only postseason action of his career.

Harrah, looking to play everyday, signed with the Indians as a free agent. He would make the allstar team in both 1981 and 1982 and finish third in the American League batting race both seasons. In 1981, his 215 hits were tops in the AL. In 1983 he signed with Pittsburgh and finished second to Dave Winfield in the NL batting race. He would finish second again in 1984 but would increase his allstar game streak to 4 games. He would make his final allstar team in 1985, the final season of his career.

In the allstar games, Harrah went 8-for-18 with 1 homer and 5 rbi's.

HOB3 totals 1980 games, 179 HR, 875 rbi, .322 avg, 2141 hits
Real Life 2155 games, 195 hr, 918 rbi, .264 avg, 1954 hits

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 04-20-2003 at 02:26 PM.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 05:29 PM   #64
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Tigerfan,

how bout an update if you got time.
And do you have a web site like your last league?
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 06:14 PM   #65
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Sad news. Cleaning up my hard drive a couple of days ago and thinking for some dumb reason it was the HOB2 I was deleting, I trashed all of my HOB3 files. I still have the league file as of 2003 but have lost all my history.

I am focusing on my fictional league right now but will do a new HOB in the future. Sorry.

If there is interest I will document my fictional league which is using Ctorg's fictional DB.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:05 PM   #66
blubbla
Hall Of Famer

Sorry to hear that, Tiger Fan.
blubbla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 10:37 AM   #67
sporr
Global Moderator

I've done that myself before and nothing is worse than that feeling you get right when you realize what you've done. I am sorry to hear that that happened as well.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 04:31 PM   #68
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

yeah that is sad but theres always the next replay and what will happen.
Im sure people would like the fictional but if you trashed the HOB3 instead of HOB2 does that mean you still have HOB2 and
could pick up from 1962 since its close to the 1970's which is where i beleive you said you wanted to start Hob3?
Old 05-06-2003, 06:41 PM   #69
Recte44
Global Moderator

Bummer, Steve. It has happened to me several times as well.

Love to see how your fictional league is going, though./
Old 05-06-2003, 09:00 PM   #70
littleoldman
Minors (Double A)

sorry to hear about that.....and yes,I too have done that !

Once you get there,the map is useless
littleoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 10:56 PM   #71
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

I still can't believe I did it. That's what you get for messing with things at 2 am. I think I will focus on my fictional league which I have become quite engrossed in of late. I will redo the HOB at some point but likely a few months down the road
Old 05-07-2003, 01:55 AM   #72
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

cool
just save save that computer maintence
for 2pm not 2am.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:09 AM   #73
HolyCow98
Hall Of Famer

Always enjoy your fantastic stuff....fictional or historical...

So by all means let us in on your fictional league...
Old 05-07-2003, 03:48 PM   #74
Dargone
Hall Of Famer

What a bummer I would also enjoy hearing about your fictional league
I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.-Margaret Mitchell
Dargone is offline   Reply With Quote