Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 01-03-2024, 09:28 PM   #1
Francoeurstein
Minors (Triple A)

Modern Names

--So one of my biggest gripes with the game, which is ultimately silly because I love pretty much every thing about it, is the names for created players. Whenever I do a modern sim, the draftees start having terrible, generic names by 2026 or so. I mean, seriously, why is 10% of the draft class named Jim? The last active player named Jim was Jim Thome in 2012 - and he was 22 years in at this point!

I say that to ask this: is there a good mod for modern first names available? As much as I detest that Haydens, Jadens, and Connors of the world, that's the hand we've been dealt. In a modern sim, I'd like my players to be more appropriately named.

My second question is this: how in the world do I add a name file to my game while using a Mac? I got my Mac a few months ago, and it's nice that my computer doesn't crash every time I play OOTP now, but I have no idea how to work this damn thing. None! So, hypothetically speaking, if I was to find a suitable file, how would I download it and change it to my default settings? Truthfully I need more Liam's in my life.

Thank you,
Franco
Francoeurstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 10:25 PM   #2
Cod
All Star Reserve

You're looking for the names.xml file in the Mac equivalent of \Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 24\database on Windows. There are multiple ways to open an XML file, such as XMLMind for Mac. There's also an option in OOTP 24 to do a draft pool import; however, I've never tried this feature so hopefully someone else can elaborate.

Last edited by Cod; 01-03-2024 at 10:27 PM.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 09:14 AM   #3
Francoeurstein
Minors (Triple A)

I’ve tried a few different xml converters, nothing is working.
Francoeurstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 12:04 PM   #4
Cod
All Star Reserve

Install porting kit and you can use Notepad++ on your Mac: https://www.howtogeek.com/how-to-ins...s-plus-on-mac/
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote