Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2024, 09:36 PM   #1
Kylecolletti50
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Exporting and Importing Free Agents

In need of some help here friends.

I have created a fictional baseball universe that has diverged from our world post-1994 strike. After setting up the league via the custom game page I hatched the brilliant idea of importing the entire 1995 MLB-MiLB rosters. I started a historical game with real minors, cleared the rosters into the free agency pool, and clicked export!

And here is where I am stuck. I have located the correct file; but when I attempt to import it back into the game, It does not appear. I noticed the prompt mentioned a "comma delimited file" but I do not know what that means...

Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance!
Old 07-11-2024, 03:07 PM   #2
JudgeGio
Minors (Single A)

OOTP already exports rosters into a comma-delimited file. Comma-delimited just means each field of data is separated by a comma. If you double-clicked the file you exported, you should see a bunch of data separated by commas. When you click the Export Roster button in OOTP it creates a comma-delimited file with a .txt file extension in the {Your OOTP program folder name}\data\saved games\{your specific league folder name}\import_export folder. When you click the Import Rosters button it should bring you to that folder, but if it doesn't, you can navigate to it using the Drives, Up, etc. buttons. When you say "It does not appear", what do you specifically mean by "It"? As long as you are in the correct folder after hitting the Import Rosters button, you should definitely see the file you exported.
JudgeGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 07:09 PM   #3
Kylecolletti50
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeGio View Post
OOTP already exports rosters into a comma-delimited file. Comma-delimited just means each field of data is separated by a comma. If you double-clicked the file you exported, you should see a bunch of data separated by commas. When you click the Export Roster button in OOTP it creates a comma-delimited file with a .txt file extension in the {Your OOTP program folder name}\data\saved games\{your specific league folder name}\import_export folder. When you click the Import Rosters button it should bring you to that folder, but if it doesn't, you can navigate to it using the Drives, Up, etc. buttons. When you say "It does not appear", what do you specifically mean by "It"? As long as you are in the correct folder after hitting the Import Rosters button, you should definitely see the file you exported.
When I open that folder in-game with the import/export button, the file does not appear. If i navigate there from file explorer outside of the game, its there.
Old 07-12-2024, 10:34 AM   #4
JudgeGio
Minors (Single A)

Do you know how to upload screenshots to this forum? I would like to see screenshots of what you see in File Explorer and what you see when you click the Import Rosters button.
Old 07-17-2024, 10:32 AM   #5
Kylecolletti50
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Here is what my screens look like
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-18-2024, 10:17 AM   #6
JudgeGio
Minors (Single A)

That’s an awfully long path- so many sub-folders. Some programs have trouble reading long paths and/or folder names that have blank spaces in them. Try copying the file to c:/users/kylec/documents, then navigate to c:/users/kylec/documents within OOTP and see if the file appears.
Old 07-19-2024, 10:43 AM   #7
Kylecolletti50
Minors (Rookie Ball)

That did not work.. Still does not show up when I navigate to it in-game.

I wanted to upload the file itself here to see if anyone could recognize a problem; but its too big to upload

Last edited by Kylecolletti50; 07-19-2024 at 10:45 AM.
Kylecolletti50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2024, 11:18 AM   #8
JudgeGio
Minors (Single A)

Do you have Dropbox? Dropbox allows you to share up to 2 gigabytes of files for free. Go to Dropbox.com and create an account, and if there is an option to install Dropbox locally to your computer, do that too. Then when you open Dropbox tell me what you see.
Old 07-20-2024, 09:00 AM   #9
JudgeGio
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Do you have Dropbox? Dropbox allows you to share up to 2 gigabytes of files for free. Go to Dropbox.com and create an account, and if there is an option to install Dropbox locally to your computer, do that too. Then when you open Dropbox tell me what you see.
You know what would be even easier? 1380 KB should fit in an email. Email me the file at dzimny07@gmail.com .
Old 07-20-2024, 11:23 AM   #10
JudgeGio
Minors (Single A)

I found out that's a bug in OOTP25! Any league I have in OOTP25, when I click the Export free agents button, name the file, then click Import free agents and look in the same folder, the free agents comma-delimited file does not appear. I happen to still have OOTP24 running, and I was able to import your file fine in OOTP24. Go to https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=352812 for instructions on how to report a bug. The developers will probably want to see all of your league files that end in .dat, so I can't report the bug for you. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Last edited by JudgeGio; 07-20-2024 at 11:23 AM. Reason: URL did not appear first time
Old 07-20-2024, 10:12 PM   #11
kidd_05_u2
Major Leagues

Just change the file extension from .txt to .csv and you will be able to import.
kidd_05_u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2024, 10:48 PM   #12
Kylecolletti50
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidd_05_u2 View Post
Just change the file extension from .txt to .csv and you will be able to import.
I just tried that. Says import complete but It did not actually import anything
Old 07-21-2024, 02:16 PM   #13
JudgeGio
Minors (Single A)

I noticed you haven't submitted a bug report yet, so I submitted one for you. We will have to wait until the developers fix it and publish the next patch.
Old 07-26-2024, 07:08 AM   #14
JudgeGio
Minors (Single A)

Here is the developers' response to me:
"I think we filter the import to only include csv files - I believe there was an issue
importing other files that caused a crash.

You can simply rename the file to a .csv, or when exporting, change it to a csv
before editing. It should show up in the list after. We can change the default
name to be a .csv in the next update."

So make sure you have the latest update(build 80), and when you click Export Free Agents, change the .txt file extension to .csv. Then open up the .csv file in something like Notepad, make your changes, and when you click Import Free Agents, you will see the .csv file and can import it. I tested these steps in my OOTP and the free agent changes imported correctly, so there's no reason why it shouldn't work for you.
Old 07-26-2024, 09:01 AM   #15
Kylecolletti50
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Here is the developers' response to me:
"I think we filter the import to only include csv files - I believe there was an issue
importing other files that caused a crash.

You can simply rename the file to a .csv, or when exporting, change it to a csv
before editing. It should show up in the list after. We can change the default
name to be a .csv in the next update."

So make sure you have the latest update(build 80), and when you click Export Free Agents, change the .txt file extension to .csv. Then open up the .csv file in something like Notepad, make your changes, and when you click Import Free Agents, you will see the .csv file and can import it. I tested these steps in my OOTP and the free agent changes imported correctly, so there's no reason why it shouldn't work for you.
I will give this a try, thank you so much for the help!