Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Perfect Team 25

Perfect Team 25 Perfect Team 25 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2024, 08:25 PM   #41
TwinsFan
Minors (Double A)
 
TwinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Some planet in outer space
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
I also feel this way. End the gimmick and let us quick sale those suckers.
Infinite dittos!
__________________
OOTP 22


OOTP 21


OOTP 20
TwinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 08:00 AM   #42
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer
 
HRBaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,198
At this point flash selling all those cards would probably cause other issues like Whales buying them all up and using them to create super cards which would widen the gap between us and them even further.


As I said before, it seems the idea was implemented without all the possible issues fleshed-out beforehand. Simply a bad idea.

And I won't even start again on Future Legends...
__________________



HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 11:41 AM   #43
LeeD
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
At this point flash selling all those cards would probably cause other issues like Whales buying them all up and using them to create super cards which would widen the gap between us and them even further.


As I said before, it seems the idea was implemented without all the possible issues fleshed-out beforehand. Simply a bad idea.

And I won't even start again on Future Legends...
...as long as we're long gone into the land of superhero cards, how about some completely fictional superheroes?

Spiderman (CF). Defense 256. A web gem every night.

The Hulk (1B/DH). Power 256. Speed 1. Who needs speed when you're trotting around the bases after launching another bomb?

Batman (SP). Spitball 256. New features for the bat utility belt.

Superman (all positions, super-sub). Speed 256. Power 256. Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive.

Judge Dredd (C). Catcher Arm 256. Don't even think about stealing on this guy.

Luke Cage (SS). All ratings 192. The most well-rounded player on the roster. Makes Ozzie Smith look like Don "Bootin'" Buddin.
LeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 09:32 PM   #44
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer
 
HRBaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeD View Post
...as long as we're long gone into the land of superhero cards, how about some completely fictional superheroes?

Spiderman (CF). Defense 256. A web gem every night.

The Hulk (1B/DH). Power 256. Speed 1. Who needs speed when you're trotting around the bases after launching another bomb?

Batman (SP). Spitball 256. New features for the bat utility belt.

Superman (all positions, super-sub). Speed 256. Power 256. Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive.

Judge Dredd (C). Catcher Arm 256. Don't even think about stealing on this guy.

Luke Cage (SS). All ratings 192. The most well-rounded player on the roster. Makes Ozzie Smith look like Don "Bootin'" Buddin.

ROFL
__________________



HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 08:13 AM   #45
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer
 
BusterKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
At this point flash selling all those cards would probably cause other issues like Whales buying them all up and using them to create super cards which would widen the gap between us and them even further.

I see your point and it makes sense. Don't forget that they might like the idea since the whales will spend more money.

Do the cards go on the market if they are sold by quick sale?
__________________




Last edited by BusterKing; 07-11-2024 at 08:16 AM.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 10:43 AM   #46
dishnet34
All Star Starter
 
dishnet34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
I see your point and it makes sense. Don't forget that they might like the idea since the whales will spend more money.

Do the cards go on the market if they are sold by quick sale?
Quick selling means they're gone forever. They do not show up on the Card Shop.
__________________
OOTP's Official Perfect Team Hype Man / host of TWIPT Saturday Showdown and Perfect League World Series

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 11:00 AM   #47
Kushiel
All Star Starter
 
Kushiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas
Posts: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeD View Post
...as long as we're long gone into the land of superhero cards, how about some completely fictional superheroes?

Spiderman (CF). Defense 256. A web gem every night.

The Hulk (1B/DH). Power 256. Speed 1. Who needs speed when you're trotting around the bases after launching another bomb?

Batman (SP). Spitball 256. New features for the bat utility belt.

Superman (all positions, super-sub). Speed 256. Power 256. Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive.

Judge Dredd (C). Catcher Arm 256. Don't even think about stealing on this guy.

Luke Cage (SS). All ratings 192. The most well-rounded player on the roster. Makes Ozzie Smith look like Don "Bootin'" Buddin.
This is hilarious. Too bad that it is the present game description. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.
__________________
Favente Deo supero



Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 11:01 AM   #48
Kushiel
All Star Starter
 
Kushiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas
Posts: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
Quick selling means they're gone forever. They do not show up on the Card Shop.
They need to be gone forever.
__________________
Favente Deo supero



Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 11:12 AM   #49
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer
 
HRBaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,198
It's easy to get caught up in what terms we use; "flash sale" versus "quick sell" probably means the same thing, but what I was describing was "IF" the cards were sold based on their OVR minimums in the card shop, the Whales would eat them up. If they were "quick sold" then what Dish said - they would disappear.

And I have to agree with Kushiel; they need to be gone altogether unless some significant changes are made;


1) "fixed" amount of points to upgrade (no gambling)
2) card shop sale at upgraded value
3) "quick sale" value of base cards at OVR value plus 10%

That said, I would rather see them gone forever. We simply don't need more "superman cards" unless your going to change the entire game to fictional players.
__________________



HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:10 AM   #50
biggerme
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Estonia
Posts: 137
Blog Entries: 10
factor

Quote:
This result of the point value is then multiplied with a factor based on the OVR and whether or not the card is a Live one.
What is the factor value? And formula would be also great
__________________
OOTP WIKI



biggerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 PM.

 

Major League and Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com and MiLB.com.

Officially Licensed Product – MLB Players, Inc.

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2023 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments