Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 24 > OOTP 24 - Historical & Fictional Simulations

OOTP 24 - Historical & Fictional Simulations Discuss historical and fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-02-2023, 11:30 PM   #1
matttb324
Major Leagues

Minors, Expansion Confusion

I wonder if someone can help explain the relationship between historical minors, the options to expand the league automatically and its relationship to Black players? I am currently in my 1902 season and I am not sure if I should turn on the minor leagues, or even if I am able to yet? Also I am confused about how that relates to the option to "automatically expand league." (which i currently have off) I got into trouble in my previous league when I got to the Federal League in 1915 as I had had the auto expand league on and it kind of blew up the league. If I have that option off however, will black players not join the league even if the color line is off? Basically I want to be able to expand the league on my own but also allow Black players to join in the draft classes.Thanks in advance, I am very confused!
matttb324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 03:57 AM   #2
luckymann
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttb324 View Post
I wonder if someone can help explain the relationship between historical minors, the options to expand the league automatically and its relationship to Black players? I am currently in my 1902 season and I am not sure if I should turn on the minor leagues, or even if I am able to yet? Also I am confused about how that relates to the option to "automatically expand league." (which i currently have off) I got into trouble in my previous league when I got to the Federal League in 1915 as I had had the auto expand league on and it kind of blew up the league. If I have that option off however, will black players not join the league even if the color line is off? Basically I want to be able to expand the league on my own but also allow Black players to join in the draft classes.Thanks in advance, I am very confused!
OK, and yes this is a poorly-explained and oft-misunderstood aspect of the game, so you're not imagining it. And to be honest, I don't have an unequivocal answer for you.

But...

I can tell you that pre-1947, players of colour will only come into the game with the bar OFF and Historical Minors ON. Under these settings, I believe they will come into the game for their corresponding IRL season and either go to their historical team or into the Rookie Draft pool, depending on the settings chosen.

Now, what I suggest you do is this. Set the league up how you want it and save a copy you can go back to. Then sim from where you are now past the FL and say to 1920, making note of what happens along the way. If something goes amiss then go back, change the setting that is causing the problem and have another go.

Even better, someone comes on here and is more helpful than I can be, I am afraid.

G

Building a (Bay) Bridge is an A's Do-Over from 1968.

The AtHoL is an RD league.

The EL flips the colour line on its ear.

The MSL is an Indy / MLB hybrid.

The Everyman League (EML) is a baseball utopia!

And my mods and NeL project.
luckymann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 03:06 PM   #3
No Pepper
All Star Starter

Always put your trust into TigerFan. His instructions were for an earlier version but I'm more than 50% confident that it still works as described. If you want to mirror MLB, you'll need to make the changes yourself and NOT allow the game to do it or else it will gunk up the works.

How to Import complete draft class (minors and Negro League players) in a fictional league structure
No Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 11:10 PM   #4
matttb324
Major Leagues

Thanks guys I will go through those instructions carefully
matttb324 is offline   Reply With Quote