Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 21 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 02-07-2021, 08:14 PM   #1
jleddy
Bat Boy

Exclamation Brewster Baseball Association - New Season *with expansion*

We're heading into the Winter Meetings between the 2045 and 2046 seasons and after expansion, we have a potential rare opening in our developmental league, the Unified Middle East Baseball Association (UMEBA)!

Where else can you find a league with such history, a robust podcast network with practically daily episodes, a 100+ page media guide published before every season, in-depth analytical features, fun storylines and much, much more?! In the Brewster Baseball Assocation, that's where!

Full League Name (Initials): Brewster Baseball Association (BBA)
Main URL: BBA Homepage
Reports URL: League Reports
Boards URL: BBA Forums
Commissioner(s) OOTP Forum Username(s): Recte44
Email Address: mrectenwald@gmail.com
OOTP Version: OOTP21
Game Needed: Required
Players: Fictional, with your chance to create players!
# of Teams: 32 BBA + 10 UMEBA
Export Deadlines Days And Times: SUN 7pm Central, TUE 7pm Central, THU 7am Central (4 sims per week during off-season)
League Time Per Sim: One week/seven game days
First Season: 1973
Latest Season: Currently 2045-2046 Offseason/Winter Meetings
Special Rules & Settings: Constitution...now featuring StatsPlus and Slack

Commissioner Matthew Rectenwald was featured on a recent episode of OOTP Now, which you can find here.

Our league was also honored to have been featured in an OOTP Newsletter and here on the OOTP Forums by Brad C. You can check out that article here:
Tales From the Multi-Verse: The Montgomery Brewster World Baseball Association

Listen to a recent episode of our flagship podcast, The BBA Today, in which we discuss off-season trades and free agent signings and other league news here.

To Apply: Submit an Application!

Currently Available Teams: 1 UMEBA team + no waiting list

I am the UMEBA Ambassador, assisting new general managers with on-boarding and getting started in the league. You can reach me at joelederer@gmail.com if you have any questions about the league or would like to know more!

These are a few of my favorite things: The four-out save, infield shifts, the smell of pine tar, scoring from first, .406, high stirrups, scrappy middle infielders, Graig Kreindler paintings of pre-WWII players, first-edition Bill James Baseball Abstracts, the strike-'em-out-throw-'em-out double play, Vin Scully, heat maps, the double switch, Rollie Fingers' mustache, Al Hrabosky's grunt, U.L. Washington's toothpick, the lost art of catcher framing, 1987 Topps, the Green Monster...
jleddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:47 AM   #2
RonCo
Hall Of Famer

Interesting that the BBA Today link goes to episode #66. More recent episodes are in there, though.

I think it's a fun league, but I admit I'm biased.
RonCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 06:55 AM   #3
tylertoo
Major Leagues

This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door of the Brewster, one of the best-run and longest-running online OOTP leagues. And because the opening is in UMEBA (a subleague), it is particularly a great opportunity for someone who's new to online leagues. UMEBA is only ten teams, so you can learn the players quickly, but you also have the benefit of the larger MBBA community to help you out (many of whom started in UMEBA). Come join before the 2046 season gets underway!

Last edited by tylertoo; 02-09-2021 at 07:02 AM.
tylertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:07 PM   #4
CTBrewCrew
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Agreed! If you want challenge of playing against some of the best GMs in OOTP….look no further