Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 24 > Perfect Team 24
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 24 Perfect Team 24 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-26-2023, 12:18 AM   #61
LeeD
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
Made it PeL again last week but went under .500 so back in diamond. Really could use some pitching upgrades
Pitching is really the key. I've had teams with pretty awful lineups prosper and make the playoffs. Never works the other way around. If your pitching is weak, you can't score enough runs to make up for it.
LeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 08:25 AM   #62
LeeD
Major Leagues

It's been a wild and bumpy ride for my San Diego Sharks over the last two weeks. They returned to the Diamond playoffs last week thanks to a great second half fueled by recent Immortal acquisitions Ted Williams and Satchel Paige after kicking around as low as 12 games below .500 early on. Also added back Jackie, Mize, and Lynn. 86-76 wasn't great, but it beat the hell out of back-to-back 72-90 seasons and was good for second place and a win in the Wild Card round before exiting.

This week's start was truly awful, with the team falling to 6-17 at one point on Monday. They then went 18-7 to even their record and currently sit at 26-26 entering Wednesday play. Outscoring the opposition, so things look reasonable so far in this, my 23rd straight week in Diamond.

The players:

C - Immortal Piazza
1B-Topps Ernie Banks
2B-Jackie
3B-Immortal Jose Ramirez
SS-Immortal Tulo
LF-Cristobal Torriente
CF-Lynn
RF-Immortal Sam Crawford
DH-Ted Williams

Also starring Johnny Mize, Immortal Rafael Palmeiro, Robin Yount, Tommy Harper, and Immortal Roger Bresnahan.

The rotation is Paige, Tim Keefe, Pud Galvin, Jack Chesbro, and Bert Blyleven, with Kenley Jansen (602 career saves), Max Manning, Johan Santana, Preacher Roe, John Donaldson, Don Newcombe, and Robin Roberts in the pen. A bit weak, but we're running 3rd in conference runs allowed thanks to excellent defense and home field at 1978 Royals Stadium.

----------------------------------

My other teams have hit the Gold-to-Diamond Shuttle, and I plan to sell off the unnecessary pieces, open up packs, and buy the best rosters I can before effectively shutting them down for the year...

with the exception being my latest team, the Washington Generals. They've gone 327-51 so far and are in Iron league this week, having completed a boatload of missions which include all of Baseball Ref, Negro League 1 and 2, plus BAL Roberts and Lolich. I also pulled Eddie Plank in my Perfect Pack reward for Negro League 2, so the rotation is so good that Negro League Satchel Paige is in the pen already as stopper.
Old 10-04-2023, 03:58 PM   #63
PunishedF2P
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeD View Post
C - Immortal Piazza
1B-Topps Ernie Banks
2B-Jackie
3B-Immortal Jose Ramirez
SS-Immortal Tulo
LF-Cristobal Torriente
CF-Lynn
RF-Immortal Sam Crawford
DH-Ted Williams

Also starring Johnny Mize, Immortal Rafael Palmeiro, Robin Yount, Tommy Harper, and Immortal Roger Bresnahan.

The rotation is Paige, Tim Keefe, Pud Galvin, Jack Chesbro, and Bert Blyleven, with Kenley Jansen (602 career saves), Max Manning, Johan Santana, Preacher Roe, John Donaldson, Don Newcombe, and Robin Roberts in the pen. A bit weak, but we're running 3rd in conference runs allowed thanks to excellent defense and home field at 1978 Royals Stadium.
That's a great squad. Is this F2P or PT+? Either way, looking good!
PunishedF2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 08:45 PM   #64
LeeD
Major Leagues

PT+ for about half the year. I only do one team at a time, so this one's gotten three of the six months.
Old 10-30-2023, 09:25 AM   #65
PunishedF2P
Major Leagues

Lost in the Diamond League World Series for the 4th time this year. 0 for 4 in DL WS in PT24, two game 7 losses and two sweeps, lol. Pretty poor luck, smh.
Old 10-31-2023, 07:27 AM   #66
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

My "best" FTP squad made Diamond, and is getting reminded rather rudely about the difference between FTP and paid teams. Those guys are killing me...some very strong teams there. I'll be happy to retreat to Gold next week, as I'm not a masochist.

“His followers called him Mahasamatman and said he was a god. He preferred to drop the Maha- and the -atman, and called himself Sam.”—Lord of Light

“Meet me down the line on Gypsy Friday"—Townes van Zandt

"Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me."—Olenna Tyrell
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 11:56 AM   #67
PunishedF2P
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
My "best" FTP squad made Diamond, and is getting reminded rather rudely about the difference between FTP and paid teams. Those guys are killing me...some very strong teams there. I'll be happy to retreat to Gold next week, as I'm not a masochist.
I made about 2.6 million off the final update, so I'm riding that through all the immortal's missions and I'll have a Perfect League-level F2P team for a few weeks until new missions drop.

I'm tapped out after these, though, no updates left, lol.
Old 11-01-2023, 08:23 AM   #68
LeeD
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunishedF2P View Post
I made about 2.6 million off the final update, so I'm riding that through all the immortal's missions and I'll have a Perfect League-level F2P team for a few weeks until new missions drop.

I'm tapped out after these, though, no updates left, lol.
Yep. My San Diego Sharks continue to sneak into the Diamond playoffs with 86 wins, but I'm also tapped out of Perfect Points and am just hoping for a huge card pull at this point. WTH, Last Chance Texaco pulled the 100 Wainwright card and parlayed that into getting all of the Deadball immortals, so it could happen. Until then, I'm just treading water at Diamond despite having completed Boom and the first parts of Deadball and Rebirth. I've got Piazza, Cash, Jackie, Glasscock, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Puckett, and Torriente, plus Terrible Ted at DH. Rotation is back to being a strength with Koufax, (the best) Paige, Carlton, Richard, and Keefe. Good enough to have a winning record in Diamond.
Old 11-05-2023, 08:05 PM   #69
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I expected an easy week because initially the league I was in did not seem so threatening. This was not the case. Even after adding Childs, DeGrom, and Aaron, I could not gain any traction and barely qualified as 3rd wild card. The two teams with the most wins fell in the division series while I won every elimination game en route to my first Diamond League World Series of PT24. This series went down to game 7 where the bullpen blew a 5-run lead but hung on to win in extras.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 10:03 PM   #70
LeeD
Major Leagues

Congrats. Sometimes the best-laid plans are the ones that seemed like they didn't work out.
Old 11-05-2023, 10:31 PM   #71
LeeD
Major Leagues

Sharks got stuck in one of those truncated Diamond leagues with a former PeL champion team which beat me 14 of 18 times. Still managed to finish second by winning the season series against the rest of my division, but no playoff berth. Pack luck was pretty good this week. I managed to complete Deadball Immortals thanks to some good pulls and the sale of Ted Williams, who was underwhelming anyway. Moving into Target Field, which boosts base hits and suppresses homers to a moderate degree, which should give my five deadball hitters a boost.

Current roster:

Ca - Piazza / Bresnahan
1B - Brouthers / Cash
2B - Lajoie
3B - Brooks Robinson
SS - Glasscock
LF - Frank Robinson
CF - Puckett
RF - Shoeless Joe
DH - Brouthers / Piazza

Also starring Jose Ramirez, Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, and Cristobal Torriente.

Rotation is Koufax, Richard, Paige, Carlton, and Caruthers.

Bullpen is Mike Adams/Kenley Jansen, Ed Walsh, Robin Roberts, Jack Chesbro, and Gary Lavelle, with Time Keefe and Carl Hubbell as stoppers.

Last edited by LeeD; 11-05-2023 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-06-2023, 12:33 AM   #72
PunishedF2P
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I expected an easy week because initially the league I was in did not seem so threatening. This was not the case. Even after adding Childs, DeGrom, and Aaron, I could not gain any traction and barely qualified as 3rd wild card. The two teams with the most wins fell in the division series while I won every elimination game en route to my first Diamond League World Series of PT24. This series went down to game 7 where the bullpen blew a 5-run lead but hung on to win in extras.
Congrats! Good luck in Perfect League! You never know, you could just have a great run and take home the title.

No luck over here still. Eliminated in the Championship Series (against the eventual Champion at least) after another 100+ win season.

9 playoff appearances and 4 WS appearances in Diamond League now without winning it all, smh.
Old 11-07-2023, 04:27 PM   #73
ubernoob
Minors (Triple A)

Well with some missions finished up and some pack luck, the team has a whole new look. Had to ditch the 1980s+ as the immortal seasons cards, missions, and pulls started to come in nicely.

Still hanging around gold for now.
Attached Images
Old 11-12-2023, 02:41 PM   #74
PunishedF2P
Major Leagues

Ahhhh! Another season destroying the competition in Diamond league: 113 wins, 1st place finish, 2nd best record in the entire league - and another exit in a 5-game series

That's 10 playoff appearances, 5 division titles, 2 times with the best record in the league, 4 times with a top 2 record in the league... and still no Diamond WS to take me to PL.

"May the odds be ever in your favor... but you will lose!" has been my PT motto this year.

Next week will be the week! I believe, lmao.
Old 11-12-2023, 11:06 PM   #75
rburgh
All Star Reserve

My "best" FTP team isn't all that good compared to these

But it did have a nice finish to its Silver league this week. Won the LCS and the PP reward was enough to complete NeL 2 two-way players and NeL 1+2, getting Donaldson, then a Perfect Pack, then Gibson. The perfect Pack card was Immortal Chapman. So I will be rolling into gold (for the 3rd or 4th time) with a greatly enhanced silver league runner-up team.
rburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 01:08 PM   #76
bailey
Hall Of Famer

The force was not with me in PeL last week because although my +71 run differential was a top 10 in the entire league I could only stumble to 80-82 about 3 or 4 games short of the playoffs. On a lighter note, my 196 missions completed was dead last by an overwhelming margin of 250+. Also, yesterday (day 237), I finally won my first daily perfect draft.

Old 11-16-2023, 05:56 PM   #77
ubernoob
Minors (Triple A)

A few more upgrades from pack luck and mission rewards.

Will this be the year we get out of gold and back to diamond? (spoiler: It won't be.)
Attached Images
Old 11-19-2023, 03:08 PM   #78
PunishedF2P
Major Leagues

This is starting to get old.

103 wins, cruised to another 1st place division title in Diamond league. Projected record was 109 wins with +297 runs on the year, but I still had to play in the wild card series as the other two division winners were +6 on their projected records vs. my -6

Swept in 3 games in the 2nd round.

Diamond League: 11 playoff appearances, 6 division titles, 2 times best record overall, 2 game 7 losses in the WS, another 2nd round exit this season, and still no Perfect League appearance

I should delete the game, lmao.
Old 11-20-2023, 10:31 AM   #79
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Everything that could go right went right for the Mosquitos. From the 10-0 start to the comeback win in game 7 of the WS, it was a fun week. Even the 25-game winning streak by second place did not dislodge the Bugs from the top spot.

Old 11-20-2023, 07:12 PM   #80
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Made it back to Gold and expecting the usual smackdown back to Silver at the end of the week but the boys are making a go of it with a nice April (11-6) so far. Makes me wonder if that was Victor Conte in the clubhouse delivering SNAC's to the guys early this morning. ;-)

The boys did a lot better than expected, made the playoffs as the third wildcard after a bad September and got knocked out in the Wildcard round.
It looks like a stronger league this season so we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by Will_L; 11-27-2023 at 05:29 PM. Reason: End of season update
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote