Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > Perfect Team 22
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 22 Perfect Team 22 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-14-2022, 10:23 AM   #21
professor ape
All Star Starter

[QUOTE=Bunktown Ballers;4872106]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater41 View Post
The current market: 66 Dave Patterson 99,999,999 .... 68 Jacob Stallings 12,345,679 ... 51 Dario Agrazal 9,999,999 and so on is the exact reason I have zero interest in trying to move past gold. Even there, I always see a team or 3 with the same lineup all the diamond teams have. Market manipulation, multiple accounts and an out of control market for trying to complete FH3 missions (and others) is really hindering this game. I'm sitting with 366,233 perfect points and no way to improve the team. Nothing from a perfect pack helps and trying to buy a Randy Johnson, etc are over 500K. I feel like I am better off selling everything, dropping back to the beginning,and playing at the lower levels with golds and silvers (and/or utilizing players from my favorite team for enjoyment.) - off the soapbox I go. [/QUT

The game is broken and ruined for me. When so many people were giving millions of points (11+ million I understand) while everyone else started with 1,000. The 8 ball was so far ahead of us then those same players would lose on purpose to fall back and win 130+ games and start cycle over ...When does this season end..
It ends when we stop logging in
Old 03-14-2022, 12:39 PM   #22
TwanLX2000
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor ape View Post

It ends when we stop logging in
Isn’t that the truth? BTW: just logged in for the first time today and saw that we’re sharing a division this week. Ahhh… ready for the new game!

Working hard to be in the conversation.
TwanLX2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 06:49 PM   #23
professor ape
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwanLX2000 View Post
Isn’t that the truth? BTW: just logged in for the first time today and saw that we’re sharing a division this week. Ahhh… ready for the new game!
I predict that I will go 83-79 and finish three games out of the wildcard spot with Babe Ruth batting .230 and leading the league with 34 home runs.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:46 PM   #24
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor ape View Post
I predict that I will go 83-79 and finish three games out of the wildcard spot with Babe Ruth batting .230 and leading the league with 34 home runs.
Every year I am amazed the Babe with his lifetime .342 batting average is bested in PT by so many punch and judy hitters that couldn't spell run scored or even RBI . The Sultan of Swat was not all walks and homers.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 03:37 PM   #25
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Every year I am amazed the Babe with his lifetime .342 batting average is bested in PT by so many punch and judy hitters that couldn't spell run scored or even RBI . The Sultan of Swat was not all walks and homers.

I honestly believe this is the result of having to come up with yet better cards each week which eventually ends up creating the "superman" cards we've come to expect. Either the Devs need to save the "best players in baseball" for the end-of-year releases, or we have to re-adjust our thinking that "OOTP Babe Ruth" really isn't the Babe Ruth we know from historical stats - and player cards released late in the cycle (regardless of their names) are the true supermen of the game.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:49 PM   #26
TwanLX2000
Minors (Double A)

This year’s Ruth was released fairly late in the cycle and his game stats are decent, but there does seem to be an unwillingness (whether incidental or intentional) to let sluggers dominate in all fashions at the high levels where the premier pitchers play. I’m sure it has something to do with my park settings as well, but I’ve had much better success when my HR leader ends up around 18-20 at diamond.

Of course, it won’t matter this week, giving up a ton of runs with some of the best pitching metrics because my roster decided to stop fielding at the same time. It’s all part of the fun, randomized experience!

Working hard to be in the conversation.
TwanLX2000 is offline   Reply With Quote