Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 09-17-2024, 07:25 PM   #2761
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Damn, I didn't realize there's only 1 GKR game out of the 4 with Philly.

Thursday is FOX: if it's Joe Davis and Suck-Up Smoltz, I may be ill.
Friday is Craphole TV: I won't even get a chance to see it. (Maybe I'll wait and download it overnight.)
Saturday is GKR
And Sunday night is the ESPinheads. Hopefully it's Ravech, Coney and Lil Doggie instead of those idiots we suffered through in England. And hopefully Ravech won't spend the whole game imagining where Peeete will go as a Free Agent.

And then after that, I get three games of Gaudin and Frenchy, should I choose. 7 games, 1 GKR. BLECH.
Amazin69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 10:22 PM   #2762
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Okay, perhaps I'll tune into Gaudin and Francoeur just to see them be envious that we have The Only Healthy Acuña.

We'll see.
Old Yesterday, 01:56 AM   #2763
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Phils win (Tragic # drops to 4)
Pads lose (Semi-Tragic # stays at 9)

Embarrassed that I comfletely forgot Conforto on the trivia question. I plopped for Toms River Todd Frazier. Wrong again.
Old Yesterday, 05:19 AM   #2764
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

That was a nice night for Luisangel Acuna, who - fun fact - is my favorite Acuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazin69 View Post
Phils win (Tragic # drops to 4)
Pads lose (Semi-Tragic # stays at 9)

Embarrassed that I comfletely forgot Conforto on the trivia question. I plopped for Toms River Todd Frazier. Wrong again.
I got it, I got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazin69 View Post
Damn, I didn't realize there's only 1 GKR game out of the 4 with Philly.

Thursday is FOX:
Friday is Craphole TV:
Saturday is GKR
And Sunday night is the ESPinheads.
What a crime against humanity...! I might not even be able to see the Friday game either. Wormy Fruit TV is no longer available live on MLB.tv, not sure about the archives.

And well, I am off this week, and back pushing the millstone on Monday, so no ESPN for me anyway. I am ABSOLUTELY INCONSOLABLE.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #2765
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
KEITH: Well, Vientos, his defense has really come around. He's been outstanding. And that was a question mark. When he was coming up and his glove was questionable, that's what we heard.

He makes all the plays that he can get to, he makes those plays. And he's got the strong arm—the arm of a third baseman.
Go ahead, argue with the man with the 11 Gold Gloves. The man that Palmer & Thorn (The Hidden Game of Baseball) proclaimed as the greatest defensive first baseman of all time. The man whose glove makes him a Hall of Fame candidate.

The floor is yours.

Quintana is pulled after 7 innings of 2-hit ball, because he's thrown 90 pitches. Or, as we might recall, 66.6% of Tom Seaver's pitch count. (135)

I mean, yeah, take it a little easy because the two remaining starts will be hugely important. And 9-0 is (probably) too big a lead for Danny Young, Alex Young, Angus Young, Malcolm Young, Paul Young, Andrew Young and the Young Rascals to blow. But come on. I saw dozens of Mets pitchers in a groove with a big lead just keep on cruising and finish the job, no muss, no fuss.

One day, I'll stop being annoyed at this.
One day, I'll stop being.

(The reliever is actually Claymation Phil Maton, not a Young Rascal. He gives up a bloop double to start the 8th, but probably won't totally choke.)

Gary gives sad updates about how the Braves, Padres, and D'Backs all won.

He does not even mention the Phillies. Because why have ambitions when you can settle for 6th??

(If the Mets finish 6th and the Brewers finish 3rd, do they just stay in Milwaukee, or come home for a day?

It's almost a pity the Manfred Round doesn't start a little later. There's a Steve Miller show in Milwaukee on October 15th. I could be persuaded to do a double-duty trip, although I probably wouldn't. I haven't gone anywhere since 2019. Probably I've developed a phobia, to go along with my natural stinginess.)

Now Gary is giving updates on the A.L. Wildcard nonsense, and still hasn't mentioned the Phillies. FFS, Gary.

Last edited by Amazin69; Today at 12:45 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM   #2766
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Bra's Open, er, Brazoban, made it through the 9th without spoiling the shutout.

Gary made it through the game without ever mentioning the Phillies' score. (They are tied, late in the game in Milwaukee, so I've tuned to the Brew-cast and am enjoying the ads for Usinger's Famous Sausage. You never have to wonder whether you're watching a Milwaukee game, it's true.)

And Vientos made a diving catch that got a standing ovation!

(Okay, it's just that his catch left only one out to go and the fans stood to cheer the impending finish, but let me have my fun.)

Last edited by Amazin69; Yesterday at 10:10 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM   #2767
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

A Jake Bauers hit keeps the Tragic # at 4, and there was MUCH REJOICING!

(Okay, so 99% of that was about the Brew Crew clinching the Central, but why pick nits?

)
Old Today, 06:14 AM   #2768
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Keith Hernandez says the weirdest ****, a nice word or three about Vientos' defense doesn't really stand out there, does it?

But -

Keith: "Did you notice, Gary, that it's now dark in the first inning?"

Winter is coming.

I felt almost a bit bad for DJ Herz getting thrashed like that, but not as bad as I feel for him when I see a random Gnats day game (non-Mets) in which he's sent out there in bright sunlight. He must be the whitest whitebread in the league now. I mean, my skin tone perpetually says "Northern European, lives mostly indoors, perhaps a bit ill", but he's *very* pale.

Still not the oddest physique in the majors though, given that Triston McKenzie exists.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote