Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 07-25-2024, 11:14 AM   #1
BestbatBoy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Got a HUGE ask for someone

I'm slowly building a 2024 accurate NCAA D1 baseball feeder. would anyone be willing to help in any way at all with the schedule? Even if its just getting me a master list of this past season's games? a text doc... excel sheet whatever I can get I'll take. or if there's some big time masochist out there that would build the schedule out, even better LOL. This is not going to be a quick build with 300+ teams worth of 30 ish players per team so if there is someone willing to help in any way... there is not going to be a rush on this. Thanks to anyone who even considers helping in some form
BestbatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2024, 10:48 PM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

I dove into this. There are significant issues. One is that the sources available are not all correct and consistent. Another is the issue of postponed and cancelled games. Various notes follow below here. In a subsequent post I will put a spreadsheet of what I compiled.

Used both https://www.ncaa.com/scoreboard/baseball/d1 and https://d1baseball.com/scores as sources. Individual team schedules were also consulted to get team records and review possible non-completed games.

Took all the games between 2024-02-16 and 2024-05-19 since that mostly covers the regular season, i.e., before conference tournaments and the NCAA tournament.
  • Had to add Big West regular season series one week later because that conference does not have a conference tournament.
  • Had to remove some Patriot League and Ivy League games that were actually conference tournament games.

The two sources had numerous disagreements of various types
  • Some games only in one source but not the other
  • Some game dates inconsistent between the sources - Particularly for May2-May5 there were numerous such cases, mostly where ncaa.com seemed to have the wrong date one day early
  • Sometimes suspended games would be referenced when they began and sometime when they were finished
  • Scores not consistent

There are a number of games where a D1 team plays a non-D1 team. Those games are included, but there was no effort to account for any other instances of non-D1 team games. Assuming a league or universe is D1-only some choice would need to be made, like dropping those games or making other matchups.

Postponed games are very difficult to track. In some cases games are put where they were originally scheduled when that could be readily determined, but in general games fall where they were ultimately played. In some cases it is unclear if a game marked as postponed was actually made up or not. Best guesses were made to try to recognize cases of games being made up to have one but not both included.

Cancelled games cannot always be determined. Between the two overarching sources and the individual team schedules, cancelled games often appear in not all locations. Sometimes games found called cancelled appeared to be made up later and in those cases only one of the original and later games was included. Sometimes it is only a guess whether that is what happened.

In a number of cases the team records determined from the compiled games do not match exactly the record from the team schedule websites. No extra effort was made to address those discrepancies.

For neutral-site games that were cancelled with no way to determine home and away teams that was arbitrarily set between the teams.

There can be a cancelled or postponed game on the same day as a played games because it was a schedule doubleheader where only one game was played.

The same matchup can potentially have been postponed or cancelled multiple times. Best effort was given to try to avoid counting multiple instances of what was intended to be the same game.

Two early games from 2024-02-18 were no contests -- played, with scores, but called before becoming official games.
Old 08-06-2024, 10:53 PM   #3
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Attached here the spreadsheet of what I gathered. The sheet in the file are explained here. The spreadsheet was made in LibreOffice Calc and saved in Excel 2007/365 format, so hopefully there are no issues with that.

Games sheet

Completed games with date, teams, scores, and results. These are from at least one of the scores mentioned. The dates may not be the originally scheduled date for the games. In fact, postponed games are mostly on the played date rather than the originally scheduled date. Some known exceptions are games that were started on the original date then suspended and later completed.

Records sheet

This includes in the first set of columns the records as determined from the games played. There are also records as compiled from the team websites. The non-D1 teams are not included in the second set. Between the sets is an indicator of if the sets do not match for teams. Beyond the sets are the differences when there are not record matches.

Not played sheet

These are games found from individual team websites (plus a handful from d1baseball.com) shown as scheduled but not played and thus not in the Games sheet. These were found by searching for instances of "cancel" or "postpone" on the team websites. Rows in bold indicate that both teams' websites showed that game. My impression is that many teams did not show any cancelled games. Considering how frequently games here were on only one team site, plus my impression that many team sites lacked cancelled games because they were cleaned away, it seems likely there are more games completely missed.

Believe otherwise covered

These are games found from individual team websites that were not played as scheduled but that I think are redundant. Mostly these are games known played at a later date and on the Games sheet. There are some other cases such as multiply postponed games.

The Games sheet plus the Not played sheet are my best guess at what to make into the schedule. Beyond issues already mentioned, particularly how to deal with games against non-D1 opponents, there is the big issue of making sure the teams as defined in the league align with the identifiers that get attributed to the teams in the schedule file.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx ncaa_d1_2024.xlsx (296.8 KB, 4 views)