Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 24 > OOTP 24 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-22-2023, 04:07 AM   #1
npbrighton
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Budgets & Financials

Hey guys, congrats on another release of the ootp series, game gets better every time.

I assume this is a bug, virtually every team other than 2 or 3 have either no money or negative money to start and I think only the Yankees have any money to sign extensions

Don't really want to start a long save until its either fixed or confirmed to be correct
npbrighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 04:24 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

I know a bunch of folks have reported this, but when we've checked on this there are only 6 teams in the red and the majority of teams have a pretty healthy balance. So a bit hard to figure out what's going on here.

How are you setting up the game where you see this through new standard game, or somewhere else?

Does it include other leagues, or is it MLB only?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 04:28 AM   #3
npbrighton
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Standard Game

MLB only
Old 03-22-2023, 04:34 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by npbrighton View Post
Standard Game

MLB only
Is this when you first set things up? Or after simming a while? Because that's not what we see here at all. So it's kind of weird.

Old 03-22-2023, 04:46 AM   #5
npbrighton
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ok so I've just downloaded the update build 37... and a lot more teams have money in their budget, but theirs still only about 5 or 6 teams with money to sign extensions

And this is when we first go into a new standard save
Old 03-22-2023, 04:52 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Ok, thanks. We'll check this out in case there's something we can do to improve this, but generally speaking lot of teams will gain budget room as the year goes on, so it may just be a matter of being a bit patient before submitting the offers.

Old 03-22-2023, 04:55 AM   #7
npbrighton
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ok great, thank you. Like I say, it is a lot better after downloading the new build 37, as opposed to yesterday
Old 03-22-2023, 07:57 AM   #8
s1murc1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Ok, thanks. We'll check this out in case there's something we can do to improve this, but generally speaking lot of teams will gain budget room as the year goes on, so it may just be a matter of being a bit patient before submitting the offers.

what it looks like to me is just every team has a lot invested in their development, draft and scouting budgets so could be a bug or could be the AI is actually using their funds vs just letting it accumulate
s1murc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 04:20 PM   #9
futuremarlinsgm
Minors (Rookie Ball)

One of the core issues I see with the finances with every MLB team is that the base financial settings for National Media Contract Baseline is much lower than reality. The current settings in a new MLB standard game in OOTP 24 has a baseline of $50,000,000 per team. Based on the research compiled below, that baseline needs to be significantly increased with would greatly help all team finances.

According to Statista, the total of all MLB National TV Deals in 2022 was $1.84 billion, which when distributed evenly to all 30 teams, comes out to $61,333,333 per team. Current estimates from Forbes for the 2023 season show that, with the inclusion of Apple and Peacock deals, that total now has reached $1.96 billion, which when distributed to all 30 teams, comes out to $65,333,333 per team.

Based on the new TV deals and research, the National Media Baseline Contract should be $65,333,333 per team; an increase of $15,333,333 in revenue per team.
futuremarlinsgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 04:28 PM   #10
der_k
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I interpret that as teams just pocketing a bunch of money rather than run big budgets … which describes actual behavior.
der_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 04:36 PM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

In build 37, the numbers here look generally good. Most teams have some leeway and very few are in the red.

We may still tweak this a bit more, but realistically, most real life teams are already more or less up against their budget limits anyway.

If not, they'd have signed more players to bigger deals in the offseason.

For sure a lot of that is likely from the owners pocketing the money, but however you figure the reasons, that's the case.

It'd be a lot less realistic if we left every team in the QS with a spare 75 mil or so, than leaving a fair amount teams that actually need to shed payroll before they can spend more.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-22-2023 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-23-2023, 11:12 AM   #12
zfaied1210
Bat Boy

Ive had this problem. Ive been trying to create a historical challenge mode save . ive tried starting every year from '91 to 2002. every team is somewhere between 5-50 million over budget. The settings I use are mostly all base settings keeping it as close as possible to MLB. by accident I created a save that was not in challenge mode and saw that the problem was not there. for some reason everytime I create a a challenge mode save, every single team is in the red, mostly by alot
zfaied1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 11:31 AM   #13
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfaied1210 View Post
Ive had this problem. Ive been trying to create a historical challenge mode save . ive tried starting every year from '91 to 2002. every team is somewhere between 5-50 million over budget. The settings I use are mostly all base settings keeping it as close as possible to MLB. by accident I created a save that was not in challenge mode and saw that the problem was not there. for some reason everytime I create a a challenge mode save, every single team is in the red, mostly by alot
We ended up making some changes so that teams in the 2023 game will have a bit more money to start with. Also found some issues in other game modes where the budgets were getting set weirdly and fixed those.

I'm not 100% sure if that will fix what you're describing or not. Please try it out on the next patch and let us know.

Old 03-23-2023, 11:32 AM   #14
zfaied1210
Bat Boy

When the next patch comes out I will test it and I'll let you know what I see
zfaied1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 12:39 PM   #15
Anthony5967
Minors (Single A)

I know in my game, I checked off every league to be included. I noticed the same thing; some teams are in deep red financials. Therefore, the first season you do, say the Mets, you won't have any money to allocate towards player dev or draft budget, etc. After that, you get money to spend. However, what would you recommend I do? Wait for a patch? Or just start one up with the Mets, because I am assuming this won't apply to my existing game. I will have to start an entirely new one.
Anthony5967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 06:41 PM   #16
maharacer
Bat Boy

I have same problem but I think it has something to do with the reserve clause era button in financials. During the off-season before arbitration while playing historical league challenge mode, I turned on reserve clause to check it out, then when I turned it off, arbitration disappeared and budgets for all teams were in the red. Since I am in challenge mode, I couldn't fix anything. So maybe there is something to this that helps discover the problem.BTW playing OOTP 22

Last edited by maharacer; 09-16-2024 at 06:43 PM.
maharacer is offline   Reply With Quote